Public Access to Directions Widget

11-25-2016 09:07 AM
JewelleMapp
New Contributor II

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to launch an app with public access to the directions and near me widget.

However every time I click on the directions and near me widget it leads me to an ArcOnline login. I would like my users to access the "directions" and  "Near Me" widget without an ArcOnline login.

I saw most people reference this blog post.

https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2014/10/07/public-access-to-arcgis-online-premium-services/ 

However I think that, that workflow only pertains to people using ESRI's premium routing services

I am have created my own network analysis service and when I add it as an item in my content a secured service was not detected and I did not have the option of storing my credentials with the service item and disable the prompt for authentication.

I also added my map service with network analysis capabilities as an map image layer.

Does anyone know how do store your credentials with a network analysis service/map image layer another way?

How do I disable the prompt for authentication and allow my users to get access?

Is there any other way my user can get access?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jewelle 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jewelle,

For that you can use the Esri proxy and store your credentials in the proxy.config.

0 Kudos
JewelleMapp
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert,

I'm using the Web app builder and I'm not quite sure how to set up the Esri proxy.

Do you a link to a workflow that helps me do that?

0 Kudos