problems with install - web page not found

Jump to solution
02-20-2015 07:56 AM
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

I'm having problems getting started with this.  I installed node.js on my machine.  I think my IIS is installed correctly.  I downloaded the appBuilder into a new folder called AGS_webAppBuilder.  When I click on startup.bat, which seems to be the next step, it comes back with "This web page not available".

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tracy,

If I use my fully qualified machine name I have a similar issue with WAB coming up. Try just using the computer name without the full domain info.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

I have, but I am stuck before I encounter any of the issues listed there.  When I click startup.bat, it opens the command prompt which I think tells me node.js has installed OK, there are no errors in that window.  Then it opens the browser window ( my default is Chrome) and gives the error.

I assume I can run this on my local machine, as long as I have IIS set up on it.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tracy,

Yes, it is best to run on your local machine period. Does your command window look like this?

Preview.jpg

Then are you entering a url like this in Chrome?

http://machinename:3344/webappbuilder/

0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

Yes, that's what it looks like in my command window, with only a different folder name.  The machine name is rather long and includes the domain

http://mymachine.mydomain.state.mo.us:3344/webappbuilder

This naming convention is typical for us, there are so many AD accounts they wouldn't all fit in one domain.  It doesn't seem like it should be a problem. 

0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

I removed the extracted folder and went back to the original ZIP.  This time when I ran startup.bat, instead of just the listening statement, I saw all the insert statements as well.  But I'm still getting the error 'web page not found' in the browser window.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Have you tried in a different browser IE or FF?

0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

I just got those browsers version of the same error statement. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sounds like it is time to spend the afternoon on the phone with tech support then.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tracy, can you include a screen shot of the browser with error (you can use the windows snipping tool in accessories to get this. Use the pencil to wipe out your computer name specific (just in case you don't know about this tool)

Robert might be right on needing a tech support call, but the screen shot might show something.  I always use a shortcut to the startup.bat, letting the node.js start up that way each time.  Sometimes I need to close the node.js window once, then use the startup.bat again before it will open in my browser and work.  I use Firefox 35.0.1   I know we had issues with version 35.0.0  so you might want to check that version and update if needed.  Also, the startup.bat will of course open whichever is your default browser. Of the three, i get the most consistent behavior from Firefox.

0 Kudos