Select to view content in your preferred language

Print Widget Error with Custom or Vector Basemap

Jump to solution
11-28-2016 10:48 AM
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

I am using the stock print widget in Web AppBuilder.  If I use custom basemaps with Https aerial rest services from New York State GIS, or if I have an ESRI Vector basemap turned on in the map, the print widget throws an error, or it replaces current basemap with the default esri streets basemap.  It seems the print widget will only work if I have one of the ESRI stock basemaps selected.

Any workaround for this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dan,

I've checked with the Dev team, the recent ArcGIS API for JavaScript supports converting vector layers into client side image layers for printing, so the vector layers should be supported by the Print widget in the latest ArcGIS Online June 2017 update.

Hope this helps,

JacksonTrappett
Occasional Contributor II

Any new info on when this will work in WAB dev edition Derek?

DerekLaw

Hi Jackson,

Have you tried with the recent Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Developer Edition v2.5 release?
Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

I've tried with WAB Dev 2.5, and my light grey vector basemap turns dark when using the print widget.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Chelsea,

Can you please open an incident with Esri Tech Support so we can get repro steps and look into your print issue?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

I opened a support ticket, and for anyone else with this issue, the result was that 10.3.1 and 10.4.1 can't handle vector tile printing correctly, we have to upgrade to 10.5.1 or use ESRI's default print service.