Select to view content in your preferred language

Portal Web AppBuilder app add data widget map projection issue with shape file not displaying features

06-24-2024 06:53 AM
Labels (1)
ColForbin
Occasional Contributor

I have an out-of-the-box Web AppBuilder app in Portal (Enterprise 11.2) with a web map with no layers except for a custom basemap that is using spatial reference 2150 (2958).  I created a shape file in ArcGIS Pro 3.3 with the same coordinate system and one polygon feature.  With the add data widget in WAB, when I select the shape file, it seems to be added to the app, but the features on the map do not display.  There are no errors and the same thing happens with Chrome and Firefox browsers.  If I open the table widget, I can see the records of the shape file, but only when the "Filter by map extent" button is off.  If I zoom to the the shape file in the app, the map zooms to the right geographic extent of the shape file but still not features show up on the map.

In the Chrome dev tools Console tab I saw this message:
Map: Geometry (wkid: 102100) cannot be converted to spatial reference of the map (wkid: 2150)

So this is implying that the shape file is using web mercator (102100/3857), but I have confirmed the prj of the shape file is 2150 (2958).  For some reason the widget is not recognizing the projection of the shape file.

If I then go and change the web map to use an Esri basemap with the standard web mercator projection (3857), then try the add data widget, the shape file features show up in the map as expected.

Any thoughts on what is going on here?

0 Kudos
0 Replies