Select to view content in your preferred language

Pass Search Parameter in URL

11-19-2014 12:21 PM
mpboyle
Frequent Contributor

I have downloaded and placed an app built with the web app builder beta 3 on our web server.  The app works fine, but I have been asked if it's possible to pass a search parameter in the URL...something like http://gis.linncounty.org.../?gpn=1234567890  ...  where the app would zoom to the parcel with an id of 1234567890.

I don't know much of anything about JavaScript so I was wondering if this is possible, and if so, what it would take to implement?

Thanks!

26 Replies
glennhazelton
Deactivated User

Robert,

this is wonderful. thank you again.

I love the unique dropdowns and the predefined dropdowns.

I do have three questions-

in the default esri query when the expression is configured there is a 'results tab' where it is possible to set the symbol specific to that query. are you planning on adding that feature?

and

you have box called 'definition expression'

I am unclear about what this box is for. it doesn't seem to be required.

I am hoping it is something you are working on that will provide a 'definition query' like capacity, but maybe it is just a label of some sort.

and

the default query tool retains the different queries. this is nice as I can then do more than one selection and see the results.

it appears that your tool presently clears the previous query when a new one is run.

is there a switch somewhere that can be set to retain the queries until manually cleared?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glenn,

I don't have any current plans to implement my widget the same way the Query widget handles this. What you can expect is I will be working on getting the same features that my Flex version of the eSearch. So that version gave you the ability to specify symbology for individual search layers and that will be coming for this eSearch.

The definition expression is something I though I had finished. But now looking in the code I forgot to implement it. So it is a coming feature.

0 Kudos
glennhazelton
Deactivated User

thanks for clarifying.

I realize all this takes time and care. I love what  you are doing.

I also am wondering about this:

the default esri query tool retains the different queries. this is nice as I can then do more than one selection and see the results in the attributes lists

it appears that your tool presently clears the previous query when a new one is run.

is there a switch somewhere that can be set to retain the queries until manually cleared?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

No, There are going to be many differences in the eSearch and the Query widget. Initially I considered this option, but decided it was not conducive to my widgets workflow.

0 Kudos
glennhazelton
Deactivated User

ok. i'm sad about that but I would never question your logic.

do you by chance know if the default query tool 'unique' option is suppose to (or going to) generate a pick list like yours does.

it doesn't presently.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Initially when I was that they presented the drop down list in the widget settings UI I thought (as most people) that the widgets UI would present this same list, but there is nothing in there code for this and no indications that it will be.

0 Kudos
glennhazelton
Deactivated User

ok

i'll post it as an enhancement request in the beta3 site.

0 Kudos