North arrow/compass in 360 Panorama image viewer

11-09-2017 10:29 PM
naveenbesri
Occasional Contributor

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement that I need to show 360 Panorama image viewer in the custom widget and I am using Photosphere viewer from the below link.

Photo Sphere Viewer 

And I would like to attach a compass for the Panorama image in the viewer itself to guide the end-user on which direction he is looking into.

Any Ideas or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Naveen and Sri

8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Naveen,

In my quick review of this API I don not see a Heading or direction property or anything that specifies the images orientation, So I am not sure how you can accomplish what you are after.

0 Kudos
naveenbesri
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the quick response.

0 Kudos
Luiz_AmadeuCoutinho
Occasional Contributor III

Did you see Marzipano? They have more options Documentation - Marzipano 

naveenbesri
Occasional Contributor

Hi Luiz Amadeu Coutinho,

Thanks for the quick response. I don't want to upload images and do the operations every time similar to Marzipano. I do have geo-tagged jpg images with me and I need to keep a marker on the image for the orientation based on the geo-tagged photo. I am trying to show the panorama jpeg images in the custom widget using the Photo Sphere Viewer.

Please suggest if any other ideas.

Cheers,
Srikanth Dasari

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

@naveenbesri 

Did you ever get this to work? 

0 Kudos
suhaibmaraqa
New Contributor

@RickeyFight 

Did you?, I have the same requirement.

0 Kudos
suhaibmaraqa
New Contributor

Do Marzipano have a compass feature?

0 Kudos
suhaibmaraqa
New Contributor

Hello @naveenbesri , I have the same requirement as you and I was wondering how had you solved it?

I have a 360 viewer which I should attach a compass and a FOV to it, same as your requirement.

Thank you for your help, any other suggestions are welcome 

0 Kudos