Hi all and ESRI Team!
I thought I was going crazy.. but I confirmed that 1.1 has no issues.
If I download a created App in 1.2 Developer Edition. Unzip it... do nothing to it... rezip. The Import either fails or spins endlessly.
I had made some changes to an already .zip file and tried to import which also failed, thinking it was something mis-configured, but I did nothing to a sample download zip as mentioned, still failed.
I then spun up version 1.1 and did the same simple test. download an app... Unzip, do nothing... rezip... Import ... worked.
Has anyone else had these issues or can confirm?
I tried the steps and can't reproduce this issue.
From the console log that Robert provides, and after inspecting the code, I am sure there is a bug in importing app.
The bug is triggered when there is a new version widget is imported when importing app.
So, I reproduce this bug by the following steps:
* Download app
* Unzip it
* Change one widget's version to a higher version in both app config.json and widget's manifest.json, for example: from 1.3 to 1.4 (or remove the version property in both app config.json and widget's manifest.json)
* Zip the app
* Import the app
* I can find the same console error with Robert.
Do you have a custom widget in your app? If so, could you inspect your widget's version?
The steps used here are not the steps I took.
There is NO modifying anything, there is no creating or adding custom widgets..
Reproduce the bug using the following steps after signing into WABde
1. Create New
2. select Default and press NEXT
3.Title = AppTEST Description = BUG Test
4. DO NOTHING
5. Click on "Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS to go back
6. In the WAB List 'Download' AppTest (save to a convenient file drive)
7. On the AppTest.zip file >> right click Extract All...
8. Explore into the unzipped AppTest Directory
9. Highlight all items and right click Send To.. Compressed (Zip) Folder
10. Whatever the name of the zip turns out to be...remember its location
11. in WABde >> Import >> Import from my computer
12. Select the fresh zipped app.
13. Receive "Invalid App" Prompt.
I have been having issues with 1.2 with map freezing, widgets unresponsive etc etc. After contact with ESRI support it was determined that the problems I'm facing are due to Internet Explorer (v10). Lots of issues with IE 10, using Chrome I could not reproduce the quirks. What browser is everyone else using?
Yes, I got the same issue. I tried this: download the app, without unzip or change anything, directly import the zip file back, it failed. The version 1.1 does not have this issue. It seems so far it can only import from my account.