Missing text in web app attribute table

Jump to solution
11-25-2018 03:35 PM
NaomiBegg2
Occasional Contributor III

Within the attribute table on my web app one of the fields are missing text where the text is long.  BUT these show in the pop-ups and they show within the attribute table of the web map so the text does not max out the character limit of the layer.

The missing text is 20 characters long and is an email address.

Is this a bug or is there something I can do to fix this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Naomi, just adding a note from our discussion for the benefit of the forum...

The text was not visible in the attribute table in Naomi's web application because the domain was not updated in the feature service following revisions to the choices list for a select_one in the survey. Naomi solved this by manually updating the domain on the feature service.

For a select_one question in Survey123 the domain is created when the survey is first published, however the domain is not updated on subsequent modifications to the choices in the survey. Options are to manually add the domains to the existing feature service or publish the survey again from scratch to create a brand new feature service.

This issue has been raised as an enhancement. I'll add this post to our internal enhancement request and update this thread if/when info becomes available.

View solution in original post

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @NaomiBegg2,

Just wanted to let you know with the upcoming 3.16 October Release of Survey123 we have made improvements to the Connect publishing workflow with regards to domains and choice lists. You can check out the latest announcement, documentation and test out the latest 3.16 beta builds via the Early Adopter Community to get early access to these builds and the new Connect publishing workflows. You feedback on these improvements would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Naomi, would it be possible to make the web app public and send me the URL?

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg2

Hi Jim

I can't make this app public as it holds private data.  I could maybe invite you into the group though?

0 Kudos
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Naomi, that would be great - my ArcGIS Online username is jmoore_survey123. Feel free to send me the web app link by direct message if you prefer.

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg2

Thanks Jim.  I can't send you a message unless we are 'following' each other.

0 Kudos
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Naomi, just adding a note from our discussion for the benefit of the forum...

The text was not visible in the attribute table in Naomi's web application because the domain was not updated in the feature service following revisions to the choices list for a select_one in the survey. Naomi solved this by manually updating the domain on the feature service.

For a select_one question in Survey123 the domain is created when the survey is first published, however the domain is not updated on subsequent modifications to the choices in the survey. Options are to manually add the domains to the existing feature service or publish the survey again from scratch to create a brand new feature service.

This issue has been raised as an enhancement. I'll add this post to our internal enhancement request and update this thread if/when info becomes available.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @NaomiBegg2,

Just wanted to let you know with the upcoming 3.16 October Release of Survey123 we have made improvements to the Connect publishing workflow with regards to domains and choice lists. You can check out the latest announcement, documentation and test out the latest 3.16 beta builds via the Early Adopter Community to get early access to these builds and the new Connect publishing workflows. You feedback on these improvements would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos