Migrating from Beta to Release Version?

Jump to solution
12-19-2014 05:01 AM
CameronMcCormick
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone had any success to migrate an app from any Beta version to the release version?

I noticed there's a new folder in each app number (ArcGIS-web-appbuilder-1.0/server/apps/#) named "buildScripts" and not sure if that's the issue.

Tried using the "Import" function from the web appbuilder, but that's only looking at content that's already hosted on AGOL and my apps all live on a local webserver.

Any ideas?

Cameron

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Cameron,

I am pretty sure that there is not an upgrade capability from Beta to release version. There will be in the future releases. i.e. 1.1 to higher. Here has been a couple changes that would make the migration difficult. There is a new config folder that maintains all your individual widget configurations instead of placing the json in the actual widgets folder, and I am sure there are others as well.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Cameron,

I am pretty sure that there is not an upgrade capability from Beta to release version. There will be in the future releases. i.e. 1.1 to higher. Here has been a couple changes that would make the migration difficult. There is a new config folder that maintains all your individual widget configurations instead of placing the json in the actual widgets folder, and I am sure there are others as well.

CameronMcCormick
Occasional Contributor

Thank Robert!

I also noticed, after thinking about it a little, that maybe it had something to do with some paths and it looks like it does:

wab_paths.PNG

This is the second big change in apps (the other being open data site updates) they've sprung on us recently...with little to no information about the changes until it's live.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Cameron,

My policy is to consider anything Beta as having a big sign that say "This is subject to change at any time". I have had multiple version of the WAB Beta break my widget development when they came out. But that is just a fact of working with a Beta product. Now that it is final I am sure we will get more notice of breaking changes.

0 Kudos
SimonFisher
Occasional Contributor II

Can this be confirmed by anyone at ESRI that there is no support of upgrade of WAB Apps from Beta to Final Release 1.0?

AdamInglis1
Occasional Contributor

It is irritating having to rebuild all your web apps when a new version comes out.  I guess that is the price you pay for early adoption.