Measure widget new and old

01-24-2022 08:40 AM
Syvertson
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone.  I have a newer app I created using Web AppBuilder.  I included a "Measure" widget, just like I have in several other apps created the same way.  I have started to get feedback that they don't like the measure widget as much because it does not give the "feedback" as you move the cursor as to the current distance.  I have two maps in my enterprise that both have the same widget, configured the same way, but the older one does it and the new one doesn't.  Any way to get this back?

This is the old one:

MatthewSyvertson_0-1643042296672.png

And this is the new one:

MatthewSyvertson_1-1643042374236.png

Can I get it back?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RPGIS
by

Might just be a bug. It works fine in AGO and portal. What version is your enterprise at?

0 Kudos
Syvertson

Hello.  I was using Enterprise 10.9.  When I read your post, I decided to upgrade to 10.9.1.  Unfortunately the problem still exists.  I even attempted to build a new app, and add the widget.  No dice.

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

We are at 10.8 and don't have any issues that that widget. The issue might be with the latest enterprise version. I would definitely report the bug to Esri to let them know.

0 Kudos
BryndaHatch
Esri Contributor

I have tested this in 2 portals: one at 10.8 and one at 10.9.  I am getting the "feedback" from the measure widget in both.  I am not able to reproduce your issue.  Is there any other difference between the 2 apps?

0 Kudos
BryndaHatch
Esri Contributor

Are both maps in Web Mercator projection?  Is the one that isn't giving feedback in state plane projection?  It appears to be a known issue that the measure tool won't provide "feedback" for a map in the state plane projection.

0 Kudos
Syvertson

Hello Brynda (and all),

I opened a tech support case for this problem, and it was reported as a bug.  It is funny that yours worked OK, Brynda.  But, the "crux" of the bug has to do with Javascript.  Here is the link:  https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDE0MTI0OQ==

They blame it on Javascript 3.x.  But the other thing it mentions is the State Plane versus Web Mercator issue.  But when I create a brand new app, using a web mercator base map and no other layers, the problem still persists.

0 Kudos