Select to view content in your preferred language

Logo doesn't look good in IE

Jump to solution
01-21-2016 11:47 PM
MattiasEkström
Regular Contributor

Anyone else that have problems with the logo in Internet Explorer?

In all other browser I've tried my logo displays as expected, but in IE it doesn't.

I've tried different file formats and sizes but it's still the same, and I've tried different devices and browser versions. And the result is always the same, in IE regardless of version the logo doesn't look good at all.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Logo in IE:

Logo in other browsers:

0 Kudos
16 Replies
MattiasEkström
Regular Contributor

Thanks, but I was not able to add that certain css in the developer tool, I was able to some simple as height: 100%; for img but not
-ms-interpolation-mode: bicubic;

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What version is ur I.E.?

Think Location
0 Kudos
MattiasEkström
Regular Contributor

The one I'm currently using is version 10.0

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mattias,

The logo size is set to 30x30 in the widget.js file:

var logoNode = html.create('img', {
          'class': 'logo jimu-float-leading jimu-leading-margin1',
          src: this.appConfig.logo ? this.appConfig.logo : this.folderUrl + 'images/app-logo.png',
          style: {
            width: '30px',
            height: '30px',
            marginTop: ((this.height - 30) / 2) + 'px'
          }
        }, titleNode);

So my advice would be to take your logo and in photoshop or equivalent reduce the logo using bi-cubic to 30 x ?? then the browsers will not have to attempt any re-sampling themselves and you will be good to go across all browsers.

MattiasEkström
Regular Contributor

I will look at my available image software and try to find some settings for the scaling, and save an 30px height image with as good quality as possible.
I consider this thread answered but I'm not sure which post I'm suppose to mark as the answer... Robert usually gets the correct answers so I'll give this one to Ramon
Thank you all.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mattias,

If you find you do not have access to image software that will do this well then you can attach the image and I will do it in Photoshop for you.

MichaelRobb
Regular Contributor II

Handy Image editor, even does Transparency etc..

Free Online Image Editor

0 Kudos