Limit identify popup to certain features within a layer

Jump to solution
02-12-2016 10:51 AM
DanNorman
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible to configure the application to only display popups for certain features within a layer?

The default identify behavior on clicking the map is to identify any feature within a layer and get a popup if enabled. Unless you set a definition query in the published mxd in which case you will not see/identify certain features. I would like to be able to see all features, but only get identify results for some of them based on attribute.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Dan,

The only other thing I would suggest is to add the layer twice.

One that does not send anything back to the other application.

The second layer you could add a filter. This layer you would send communication back to the other app.

Apply filters—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Dan,

One option is to publish the feature twice.

One with a definition query and one with out.

Then add both features to your map.

Only allow popups in the layer with the definition query.

DanNorman
Occasional Contributor

Hey Rickey thanks for the quick reply! I've got one more variable that mucks that idea up though . I need this layer to include all features because it is being queried from an external application, and a modified selection list is being sent back to that application. I would prefer not to bring together two selection sets for the communication.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Dan,

The only other thing I would suggest is to add the layer twice.

One that does not send anything back to the other application.

The second layer you could add a filter. This layer you would send communication back to the other app.

Apply filters—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

0 Kudos
DanNorman
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rickey, you know what i think that will work, as i will just hide from the table of contents the selection and non DQ layer, and enable popups on the DQ layer,

Done!

Thanks!

0 Kudos