Layer does not show up in attribute widget list

07-01-2015 05:03 PM
AmyKlug
Occasional Contributor III

I have a feature service that is password protected (requires a double log in first to AGOL then to the feature service using the company domain). I have been developing a web app and one time (while already logged into AGOL) instead of logging in to the feature service I hit cancel so the feature service did not load into the app. Now when I open the app and log in to the feature service it will show up in the layer list and can be edited but will not show up in the attribute widget list nor can I open the attribute table from the layer drop down list ("open attribute table" is greyed out). I have tried deleting temp internet files, logging in and out, taking the layer out, saving and loading it back in to the map viewer but nothing works. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ZeZhengLi
Esri Contributor

Amy,

Do you enable the capability of Query?

0 Kudos
MikeScott2
New Contributor

I have a similar issue where the layer does not show in the "configure attribute table" widget window in web appbuilder. I do have the query capability enabled for that service. This layer also has 3 related tables which all work fine in the web map in AGOL. However, the layer attributes and related tables do not show in web appbuilder.

0 Kudos
ZeZhengLi
Esri Contributor

Mike,

If you added the layer after configured Attribute Table, the layer will not be display in Setting page. Because Attribute Table will get layers from config.json.

0 Kudos
AmyKlug

Yes query is enabled, and actually this happened to another layer too.

When I remove a layer (from the web map), save changes, and add it back in to the web map then open the web application it will not show up in the attribute table list in the web application even though it has the same name.

develop web map with layer1 added

develop web application and "show" layer1 to attribute table widget

Need to republish/make changes to layer1

delete layer1 from web map, save

work on web application with layer1 missing

add layer1 back into web map, save

open web application, layer1 is not recognized anymore by attribute table widget

have to create a new web application

or

open web application

prompt to log in to secure feature service

click "cancel" because I don't need to use the feature service

next time I open web application the feature layer is not recognized by attribute table widget

have to create a new web application from scratch

0 Kudos
AmyKlug

OK something really weird just happened. I opened the layer1 attribute table manually on the layer drop down then with the table open I opened the Attribute table widget and all layers were visible. I had tried this before and this never happened??????

0 Kudos
ZeZhengLi
Esri Contributor

Amy,

​If you added the layer after configured Attribute Table, the layer will not be display in Setting page. Because Attribute Table will get layers from config.json.

I don't know whether this can help you, could you provide any images about your steps ?

0 Kudos
AmyKlug

Well I just added another feature layer and it does not show up in the list.

How can I get the attribute widget layer list to refresh or can I un-configure/reconfigure the widget instead of having to create an entire new application?

ZeZhengLi
Esri Contributor

Amy,

The behavior is `as-designed` for now. We will re-evaluate it in next release.

0 Kudos
MikkelHylden
Occasional Contributor

Amy,

Did you end up finding a way to make the attribute table widget refresh with newly added tables?  I'm trying to build up a web app as I get the layers in and published, and if I have to wait until the end that's one thing, but it would be a PITA if that's the case. 

Thanks,  Mikkel

0 Kudos