Launchpad Theme - Grouped Widgets in the Anchor Controller

12-11-2015 03:06 AM
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I have been eagerly anticipating the v1.3 release of the WAB and was hoping that a bug from v1.2 had been fixed, unfortunately not .

The issue:

If I use the Launchpad theme and group a couple of widget together on the Anchor Controller like the following image:

The group appears on the anchor controller and when opened I have the option to drag the group around the map:

This is great but it has a very strange behaviour; its is like the group is fixed on its right hand side, as you drag it around the screen if you go left the widget width gets larger and if you go right it disappears apart from the icon and the close cross.

If you close the group using the cross next time you try and move the group around it keeps jumping to the top of the map window.

Single widgets also always default to the same location and size every time they are reopened instead of where they were last positioned when last opened, this is different behaviour to the off panel widgets.

This behaviour occurs in IE, Firefox and Chrome.

Has anyone worked a solution to this?

Regards

Anthony

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Anthony,

I have not found a solution for this but I can confirm that this is a bug. Do you know if it has been reported?

0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Robert,

There were a few posts about the widgets not firing their on close events when used with the launchpad theme and I saw that it had been picked up by the development team, so I was hoping this was all related and it would be fixed in the latest release, so I'm not sure,

Regards

Anthony

0 Kudos
JianWang3
New Contributor III

We use 'dojo/dnd/move' to handle move events. It only respect two style attributes: top and left.

In launchpad theme, when group widget pops up. We set its right attribute to position the widget. So when drag and move the group widget, the left attribute is calculated dynamically but the right position is fixed.

It is a bug and will be fixed in next release.

AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Jian,

For now I have set the display to none on the .jimu-anchorbar-controller-group .title in AnchorBarController\css\style.css this hides the header thus stopping the user being able to move the group:

.jimu-anchorbar-controller-group .title{

position: relative;

height: 30px;

width: 100%;

cursor: move;

display: none;

}

Regards

Anthony