Labels will not show up in Arcmap WebMap

03-24-2022 10:50 AM
KariWilliams
New Contributor II

Hello all, I am using the newest Map Viewer to create a custom label in a Web Map. I was able to get my custom labels to show up just fine in Map Viewer, but when I click Publish, only 1 label shows up. 

The "!" is my custom label, and they show up under the USGS Low Confidence Polygon under Map Viewer. As you can see, the "!" shows up over the polygons, like I want.

KariWilliams_0-1648143999604.png

But when I click Publish and go to the hosted web layer on the site, only 1 "!" shows up, (see the ! on the left corner?)

KariWilliams_1-1648144098977.png

Can someone please help me fix this issue?

thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share the map and I can take a look?

0 Kudos
KariWilliams
New Contributor II

Sadly, I cannot, this is a web map within our organization that I can't share. 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If you were using Pro you could setup the label using an arcade expression and setting the newline on the label. Without checking the layer I'm not sure what ArcMap would be sending along. 

0 Kudos
KariWilliams
New Contributor II

I didn't use Pro, I used the map viewer to create the labels, and that is hosted on a web layer on another site. 

Thanks you for trying!

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Oh I saw Arcmap WebMap and thought you used ArcMap and mentioned publishing. Are you defining the label in Map Viewer and Saving the web map? 

But here is an example how I defined a similar layer looking at the screenshot using the custom option for the label class instead of field, using the arcade editor

$feature["COM_NAME"]+ TextFormatting.NewLine + "!"

RussellRoberts1_0-1648145829700.png

0 Kudos
KariWilliams
New Contributor II

yes, I am defining a label in the Viewer and saving the web map. 

0 Kudos