Is there a widget which allows user to add tiled/feature layers from their ArcGIS online after the app has been launched?

03-18-2015 03:52 AM
HumzaAkhtar
Occasional Contributor II

I have tried LocalLayer widget and it works awesome, but am I right in understanding that LocalLayer widget doesnot allow the user to add layers after the app has been launched?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If you are already using the LocalLayer widget, you should be able to add or change it using the WAB again, then just redeploy.   Did you make changes to the deployed version outside of WAB That you don't want to lose?  if that is the case, you may ​have to add the additional layers manually.

0 Kudos
HumzaAkhtar

No, I am looking to make an application which after its being launched allows the user of that application to add/remove tiled or feature layers on the fly.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

that makes sense, and I would like that widget too.  I havent seen that type of widget posted yet, so I'll follow this thread too.  Good question.

0 Kudos
HumzaAkhtar

I think that there should be some way of transforming LocalLayer widget to an in-panel widget and displaying its settings UI as its widget UI. I will look at it in detail. May be it can be done.