Is there a widget or set a serivce on Arc Server to download selected feature from WAB pop-up window?

Jump to solution
04-13-2016 08:57 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looking for some functionality to select a point, line, or polygon from a WAB application where the user can click the feature and from the pop-up attribute window, be able to download the feature as a .shp file.  At the bottom of a pop-up window it has Zoom To, Edit, - is there a way to get a download link within the pop-up?  thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mike,

Adding a link to the popup is definitely possible. I have not had the need to add a download feature link, so I don't have any code to share and I have not seen a widget that supports this ability. It would involve a custom web service as well as there is no download feature capability out of the box either.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mike,

Adding a link to the popup is definitely possible. I have not had the need to add a download feature link, so I don't have any code to share and I have not seen a widget that supports this ability. It would involve a custom web service as well as there is no download feature capability out of the box either.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Along the same lines, (this is an and/or) would there be a way to download an entire custom WAB site with a widget or geoprocessing, that downloads all the features (point, lines, polygons) into a .SHP file to local.  Have a user with our custom application that would like to use ArcGIS Pro for further analysis from feature on our WAB site.  Much like in ArcOnline where you can go to details of a feature layer and export to shapefile.  Didn't know if there was something existing already in WAB or if I can configure the geoprocessing widget to export all features into .shp to local.  Thanks so much.  (Of course the download link within a pop-up attribute window would be totally awesome and cool)

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mike,

It sounds like you want to look into the Clip and Ship GP and once you have that configured and running as a GP Service on your ArcGIS Server than you can configure WAB Geoprocessing widget to use it.

Geoprocessing service example: Clip And Ship—Sharing geoprocessing workflows | ArcGIS for Desktop