Is there a widget on WebApp Builder that can switch between bookmarks automatically?

01-15-2018 01:52 AM
FiadhNí_Dhonnchadha
New Contributor

I have created a WebApp with multiple bookmarks using the bookmark widget. I'd like to know if there was a widget or a way to edit a widget that would allow for a continuous cycle of the map viewer through each book mark. I.e. The map view changes to show view of the Bookmark 1 and then 2 and so on....

Alternatively, would there be a way to switch the map viewer to show each individual point on my feature layer and zoom in and out of each one individually?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Fiadh, 

Is it necessary for you to use the Web AppBuilder?

It's possible to create a presentation through the Map Viewer that cycles through bookmarks: Create presentations—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

For example: Presentation 

An alternative option might be to combine the Story Map Tour with the autoplay function.

For example: https://story.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapTour/index.html?appid=c50be5615f024cc482ccb88222a8719d&autopla...   

Carmel

FiadhNí_Dhonnchadha
New Contributor

Hi Carmel,

Thank you for your reply and very helpful examples. I wanted to have my map on Web AppBuilder in order to include some charts and gauges for my data. However, I don't know if it's possible to that with a web presentation?

Thanks,

Faidh

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Fiadh, 

You're correct, you can't include charts and gauges in the Presentation too but you could use a Story Map Series: Story Map Series | Story Maps  and on one tab have your WAB application and on the next have the Presentation application, 

Carmel

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Faidh,

There is nothing currently in place for this in WAB or it's standard widgets. But this could be added to the Bookmark widgets code. What version of WAB are you using?

0 Kudos
FiadhNí_Dhonnchadha
New Contributor

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure what version of Web AppBuilder I'm using, I don't even know how to check tbh? I'm not too familiar with coding myself but I'd be willing to learn if this was something that could be achieved.

Thanks,

Fiadh

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Fiadh,

Is WAB app from AGOL, Portal, or WAB Developer? If Portal What Portal version?

0 Kudos