Is there a tool in ArcGIS Online Web App Builder that allows you to select points within a polygon, and then export as a CSV?

Jump to solution
02-28-2019 08:02 PM
MelissaLandewee
New Contributor II

I can do this in ArcGIS Pro by using select by location, then copy features, then table to excel. I haven't found a way to do this in ArcGIS Online web app builder. Hoping it's possible!! Thanks in advance!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Select Widget in Web App Builder allows you to draw a polygon and has a built in Export to CSV option, but not an exact Copy option. 

Or is the end goal to identify Points relative to an existing Polygon feature layer in the Web Map, like the Select by Location tool in ArcGIS Pro? If so, the Query Widget allows you to filter by Spatial Relationships.  These results can be viewed in the Attibute Table. If the "Allow Export to CSV" option is enabled in Attribute Table Widget, then the selected features can be Exported to CSV. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS‌ … you might want to share to or move it there

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Select Widget in Web App Builder allows you to draw a polygon and has a built in Export to CSV option, but not an exact Copy option. 

Or is the end goal to identify Points relative to an existing Polygon feature layer in the Web Map, like the Select by Location tool in ArcGIS Pro? If so, the Query Widget allows you to filter by Spatial Relationships.  These results can be viewed in the Attibute Table. If the "Allow Export to CSV" option is enabled in Attribute Table Widget, then the selected features can be Exported to CSV. 

MelissaLandewee
New Contributor II

Thanks Claire!

This is exactly what I was after!

I had found the select widget which is great! but you're correct I was after identifying points within an existing polygon. I'll try this out this afternoon. 

Thanks so much! 

Virk_Navneet
New Contributor

Hi Claire @Anonymous User , using the select widget I can only select limited point within a polygon as the web map starts to freeze after about 5-10k points. We are a water utility and sometime the points within our polygon could be 500k. How can I solve this problem to exporting 500k points within a polygon as CSV?

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Claire Hofius‌ would there by a way to take it a step further and assign or change the attributes of the selected features? I'm looking for a way to allow users to do a bulk edit on repair work and set say 100 points to the status of complete. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Joe-

Have you taken a look at the Batch Attribute Editor widget?

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Looks promising. Thanks!

Another question. Is there a way to pull down not only the attribute data but also the pictures? I'm essentially trying to produce a quick way for users to make a basic work list that will essentially act as list of things to do and I would like them to have the picture included from the initial inspection.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are the photos attachments? Downloading attachments is a little more complicated.Here are a few resources to get started:

I would recommend posting a new thread to get more responses for this new issue. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Yes they are attachments.

Also how do you control which fields the select tool spits out when you perform the export to csv function? 

0 Kudos