Is the WAB able to view\query\edit the relate tables (stand-alone tables)?

Jump to solution
11-03-2015 12:48 AM
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah
Occasional Contributor III

Is the WAB able to view\query\edit the relate tables (stand-alone tables)?

I wonder if there is away to view, query and edit the relate tables using WAB.

Thank you,

Best,

Majdoleen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Majdoleen,

Viewing related tables is suppose to be supported, editing is something they are looking at for a future release.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Majdoleen,

Viewing related tables is suppose to be supported, editing is something they are looking at for a future release.

MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

Thank you Robert,

What about query?, and do you think there is a way to edit the related table using AGOL instead of using the collector?

Best,

Majdoleen

0 Kudos
MikkelHylden
Occasional Contributor

I've been working on a solution similar to this, as I have  client that needs to query by values in the related tables. I'm pursuing the route of running a query against the REST endpoint of the related table (which is not a feature class with geometry in my case) to bring back a list of parent IDs, which I will then query against that endpoint to get the geometries I need.  I've not found a pre-built way to do it, so it has all been custom js/jquery so far in a custom widget. 

If there are other ideas, I'm open...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mikkel,

I would hold off and see what capabilities are added to the 1.3 version of WAB this month, but if they do not improve the relates ability then you are on the right path.

0 Kudos
MikkelHylden
Occasional Contributor

Robert,

I had a version of this working for my local deployment, using ajax queries against REST Services.  This all worked fine until we deployed to the test environment that is on a secured server, so all my queries to the REST services now result in a 403 - permission denied message. 

My question to you is how you have the eSearch configured to get past that - I also have the eSearch in my app, and that does succeed in bringing back data.  Is the query Task that you utilize somehow handled differently than the direct ajax call to the service? 

thanks in advance,

Mikkel

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mikkel,

Yes as WAB will proxy standard esri task requests. You need to proxy your AJAX requests.

MikkelHylden
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Robert, switching from straight Ajax to the queryTask did the trick. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Majdoleen,

There is nothing in place that I am aware of for editing or querying of related records.

0 Kudos
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

Thank you all,

I will be waiting the 1.3 version of WAB, hope it will resolve this issue.

Best,

Majdoleen

0 Kudos