Information Lookup app loading issues on mobile devices

02-12-2019 09:42 AM
DaveDrewett
New Contributor

I used the Information Lookup app template to create a simple zone search by address.  The application works perfectly on desktop, but it is unable to load on some Android devices and all iOS devices.  The app causes the webpage to continually crash and reload.  It works fine on my Galaxy S9, but not on my coworker's Pixel 2 (both up-to-date on software), and it has not worked on any iPhone or iPad tested so far. 

I have done some testing changing configuration settings and basemaps, but nothing has worked.  Has anyone used this app template and run into the same issue?  The URL to the web app is below.  Thank you.

City of Redding street sweeping schedule lookup application

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdamMcSparran2
New Contributor

I have had this same issue, except that it only doesn't load on iOS. I've been able to load on desktop and android without any issues. I didn't use this template, but essentially it is the same. I have it set up to search for TMS # for parcels or addresses in one app, and searching for water valves in another...

0 Kudos
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, we started noticing this same issue with the Information Lookup solution.  We are using it to serve general parcel, address, structure and zoning information to the public.  We like the attribute consolidation into a single pop-up.  Windows 10 Desktop and Android devices, the app works great.  After much testing, the app works on iPad but only in portrait mode.  If the app is started in landscape mode, the app refreshes repeatedly and then crashes.  If the app is started in portrait mode, app works fine.  If we then rotate to landscape mode, refresh the browser, the app crashes.  This occurs with the Safari and Chrome browsers.  Of course, the app looks better and is easier to use in landscape mode.  I do have a custom basemap I created for the reference layer.  I have now replaced it with an Esri basemap and am testing now.  Thanks, Jay

0 Kudos
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Following on from my earlier post, the error still occurs regardless of the basemap saved in the web map.

0 Kudos
AlisonMynsberge
New Contributor III

Did you ever get this figured out?  I'm having problems with InfoLookup in Safari on an iPad (6th generation) running iOS 13.3

0 Kudos
AlisonMynsberge
New Contributor III

The October 2019 release states

“The Safari browser on iPad crashes or refreshes repeatedly when opening a web map or web app containing a feature service from ArcGIS Server with many features and halo on labels”.

https://support.esri.com/en/download/7746

Apparently they broke it again, because turning off halos fixed it.  There’s another GeoNet page w/ this issue.

https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDA5MzY3OA== is the bug

0 Kudos
MitchJohnson
New Contributor III

I have the same issue. It just spins on mobile device without ever loading.  No labels or halos.  Has anyone figured out a fix?

0 Kudos