import an App with Launchpad theme to web appbuilder for developers 2.3 not working.

Jump to solution
03-15-2017 08:31 AM
DiklaZeidman
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I made an App using the WAB online (from the share button in the webmap).

The theme I chose is Launchpad theme.

When I try to import the App to my WAB for developers on my server (version 2.3)

I get this error in the log file:

[ERROR] app - fail to import app. { message: 'Fail to import. The theme used by the app is in a newer version. Name:[פרויקט אחריות תאגידית - ממשק לעסקים וחברות]' }

When I go into the WAB for developers to create a new app, I see that the theme Launchpad is there. Is it an older version of the theme?

Is there a way for me to bring the app I made to my server without changing the theme?

Thanks,

Dikla.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dikla,

That is because the AGOL version is 2.4 now and the developer version is still at 2.3 for a few more weeks.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dikla,

That is because the AGOL version is 2.4 now and the developer version is still at 2.3 for a few more weeks.

DiklaZeidman
New Contributor II

Thank you Robert.

that's very annoying.

0 Kudos
MattReeves
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

I have created a App in WAB Online, in the Launchpad theme. I have WAB Dev 2.5 locally, but also get this 'Fail to import. The theme used by the app is in a newer version' error message.

Do you know if there is a way to force this Launchpad theme to import?

Is WAB Online really newer that WAB Dev 2.5?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matt,

Yes WAB online in version 2.6 and you need to download WAB Dev 2.6 to be able to import it.

MattReeves
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert!

I was unaware that WAB Dev 2.6 had come out, so that explains that. 

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

FWIW, I try to post the updates, etc to /blogs/myAlaskaGIS/2016/03/09/web-appbuilder-developer-edition-customization-resource-list?sr=search...‌  If you follow, I think you will see when I update the blog.  Otherwise, follow dlaw-esristaff‌  who usually lets up know the latest in updates and blogs.

MattReeves
New Contributor III

Thank you Rebecca,

I appreciate the information!

-Matt

0 Kudos