Identify widget strange behavior

09-21-2016 02:00 PM
LeoLadefian5
Occasional Contributor II

I'm having an issue with one of my layers depending on if it's toggled on or off in the layer list.

Here is the example, when the below configuration is selected, the identify widget works fine:

When the below configuration is used, the identify widget fails to return any values. 

When they are both selected the identify widget works as it should.

rscheitlin

Can anyone replicate this? here is my app:

Planning Viewer 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leo,

The issue is that you have a highly unusual configuration in your map service. Have a group layer and a sublayer named identically is Highly unusual and the cause of this issue.

LeoLadefian5

Thanks, I'll make the change, I created the service with only one layer and it still created a grouplayer, I guess this is normal behavior?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leo,

Hmm. I am not sure I have seen that behavior.

0 Kudos
LeoLadefian5

The name of the service is Plat Archive, then the layer within the published mxd or is also called Plat Archive.  Therefore it creates the layer with subgroup. 

0 Kudos
LeoLadefian5

Robert, I changed the name of the service and it's still exhibiting the same behavior, any ideas?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leo,

does the layer list widget reflect the name change?

0 Kudos
LeoLadefian5

Yes it does

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leo,

Hmm. I will have to dig into this then.

0 Kudos
LeoLadefian5

Hi Robert, I was able to replicate this with my other grouped map layers, but not all of them, only the Environmental and Plat Archive so far.  Turning on the parent layer without any of the grouped layers seems to cause it.  I did have the layer list expanded by default using your code, but took it out and it didn't seem to change the issue.

0 Kudos