I have few questions about WAB

Jump to solution
11-17-2016 11:36 AM
NavKa
by
New Contributor III

Is it possible to change font for applications? If so how can we do that? how can you do it in WAB AGOL and WAB Dev.?

Is it possible to share the app you are building in WAB Dev. edition with others like you do in AGOL?

Is It possible to add labels in layers?

I can't see esearch widget in my WAB dev. rscheitlin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Correct Answer" link on the reply that answered your question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nav,

You should limit yourself to one main question per post in the furture.

1. It is possible to change the font of a WAB Dev app (not a WAB AGOL) by changing the css rule for .jimu-main-font
  2. Yes it is possible to save a WAB Dev app as a template to be used by others Export as a template—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 
  3. This requires you to enable the showLabels map option in the MapManager.js

set the map properties inside the main config.json

"mapOptions": {
            "showAttribution": false,
            "showLabels": true
          },

4. There is not enough info for me to determine why the eSearch widget is not showing.

NavKa
by
New Contributor III

I am sorry about that and will keep in mind next time.

Thanks for the quick response.

2. Can I share it as link not the template but like a web map so that they can see the look and feel of app as I am developing?

4. I downloaded esearch widget from here https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-1731-enhanced-search-widget-version-211-080116 But it doesn't show up in widget options when I am trying to select widgets. I am using Dev 2.2.

Thanks

Nav

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nav,

2. You may be able to share the address internally but defenitly not publicly untill you deploy the app to your web server.

4.  When you downloaded it did you unzip the eSearch folder to your [install dir]/client/stemapp/widgets folder?

NavKa
by
New Contributor III

2. How can I share internally?

4. I unzipped it and copy pasted it in the widgets folder \arcgis-web-appbuilder-2.2\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\client\stemapp\widgets

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nav,

2. Some people are just making sure WAB dev is running on their machine and providing the url that you would use to access the app to others.

4. As long as you have extracted the whole eSearch folder to \arcgis-web-appbuilder-2.2\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\client\stemapp\widgets and restarted WAB you should now see the eSearch widget as an option in the widgets tab.

NavKa
by
New Contributor III

Thanks But my esearch widget is still not showing I don't know why.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nav,

Very strange. Does your browsers web console show any errors?

0 Kudos
NavKa
by
New Contributor III

The only error is certificate error. it doesn't give any other error. The weird thing is I copy pasted the share widget along with it and that is showing up.

0 Kudos
NavKa
by
New Contributor III

Ok I found the reason I had folder esearch folder inside eserach folder and it had the past documentation too. I copied only the widget folder and that worked. So it should be direct folder with all the files.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos