How to Share a Web Tool using a Personal Account

03-26-2018 12:29 PM
CaseyMcMahon
New Contributor

Hello, 

I am trying to create a web application with some additional functionality. I would like to create a widget that uses a geoproccessing tool that I created in the ModelBuilder. 

The tool that I built uses the select tool to select specific features and export to a new file. Then, the tabletoexcel tool is used to export to an xls table. 

I would hope to build a widget that would allow a user to export the table of select values, but I am hung up on sharing the ModelBuilder tool to my Arc Online account. The attached picture shows the message that comes up. 

With a personal account, I have a Arc Online account, I do not have a web domain service. Is a web service a requirement for using this feature? If so, how can I achieve the result I am looking for?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

As far as I know you can't currently share a model as a web tool to ArcGIS Online. This is only enabled for ArcGIS Enterprise: see What is a web tool?—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop  and :Publish web tools—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

You can only share a web tool if your ArcGIS Enterprise portal has a federated server version 10.6 or later
0 Kudos