We built a couple of apps with WAB and it worked great. However, yesterday I went to make some modifications to an app I have deployed on our webserver and ran into problems just getting WAB to load.
I'm running using the startup.bat file provided with the 1.3 release of the developer version located on my local C drive (Wiindows 7, 64bit). The last time I used WAB, approximately two weeks ago, it ran great. However, since yesterday, the command window seems to open fine when running the startup.bat script however WAB takes FOREVER to load. Inspecting the network traffic in Chrome dev tools shows that downloading js files, application icons (.png) even css files is taking up to 3 or 4 minutes in some cases.
It seems there must be something going on with the internal nodejs server and my Windows environment. Has anybody else run into this and have a fix?
Strange... Did you install NodeJS separately as covered in step 2 of the getting started?
If so then I would uninstall it and re-install.
No, I have just been using the included version of nodeJS, running it via the Startup.bat file (I'm on a Windows 7 system).
We recently moved to Symantec Endpoint Protection and sort of suspect a recent update to AV policy may be an issue but of course proving this to our IT folks will be impossible.
I am having the same issue here, It takes 15 minutes to load WAB developer edition, and then my machine slows down almost to a stopping point. Have you found any fixes for this?
I thought I would add my findings. Hopefully they help someone else.
Today, I temporarily disabled a program that IT has on my workstation called ViewFinity Agent. What an amazing difference it made. If you have this on your computer, test WAB with the agent process stopped (I had to kill it 3 times before it went away).
My colleagues and I have been struggling with slow WAB for months. When I double-click startup.bat, the script would take a long time to refresh the repository items. The browser also would never open automatically for me. Whenever I created a new app, I would get errors and timeouts. Now everything runs so incredibly fast, and the browser opens for me as expected. The entire WAB can be up and loaded from stopped within 10-15 seconds. Even running a basic command like "npm --version" would take at least a minute. Now it takes seconds.
Now I am working with IT to see if there is some way to allow node JS to run freely without this pesky agent in the way.
On an aside, another issue this agent seems to cause is slowness when extracting the WAB installer download. When the agent was running, it took me 10-15 minutes to extract everything. Today, without the agent, it took just a few minutes.
Hopefully this might help someone.