How to get ArcGIS Online WAB attribute table widget to export more than 2000 records?

Jump to solution
05-13-2019 01:04 PM
johnbrosowsky
Occasional Contributor II

Struggling to get ArcGIS Online WAB attribute table widget "export all to CSV" feature to export more than 2000 records.  I noticed my hosted feature layer has a max record count of 2000,so I have changed that to 7000 using the instructions here https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/00001238  to update maxrecordcount in the layer definition.

However this change seems to break the ArcGIS Online WAB attribute table widget.  Before the change I could zoom to extent of map and see 6000 features in the table nearly instantly.  After the change, the table grinds and grinds and never populates.  

Any ideas how to get the ArcGIS Online WAB attribute table widget to export more than 2000 records? 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnbrosowsky

Found a solution from Esri support: keep maxrecordcount at 2000 but change maxrecordcount factor in the update definition dialog to 3.5 (after backing up data as you should be careful when making changes to service definition).  This worked for me!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
johnbrosowsky

Found a solution from Esri support: keep maxrecordcount at 2000 but change maxrecordcount factor in the update definition dialog to 3.5 (after backing up data as you should be careful when making changes to service definition).  This worked for me!

ErinStrickler
New Contributor III

Thank you for this! Just to let any one else having this problem know, I didn't have have any luck with the maxrecordcount factor, but it did work for me to just change the maxrecordcount without any problems to my app.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found another way to export more than 2,000 records to CSV - this one is through ArcGIS Pro. 

When in ArcGIS Pro, I go to the "Share" tab in the top ribbon and Share As "Web Map". In the "Share As Web Map" tool, I fill in the Item Details and set it up as a hosted layer. Next, I go to the "Configuration" tab and right click > Configure Web Layer properties for the Type: Web Feature Layer. Once in the Properties, I again go to the "Configuration" tab and then go to the "Configure Parameters" sub-tab. Here I am given an option to increase the Maximum records returned by server. I changed it from 2,000 to 10,000.

After sharing the Web Map to my Portal, I open the map in WAB and set up the Attribute Table to be able to export to CSV. When I attempt to export to CSV, I now can export more than 2,000 records! I haven't tested to see the maximum number of exportable records before I start seeing performance issues but hopefully this is a start.

0 Kudos
AndreaConver
New Contributor III

I am able to follow the process until the "Configuration" tab. I don't seem to have a "Configure Parameters" sub-tab. What version of Pro are you using? I am using 2.5.1.

Here's what I see:

Would you mind sharing a screenshot? Thanks!

0 Kudos