Select to view content in your preferred language

How can i use the ArcGIS WebApp-Builder

12-15-2014 06:28 AM
HerbertHausmann
New Contributor

Dear ESRI - Community,

i am using the ESRI ArcGIS-Software since 2006 and the Flex Viewer for ArcGIS since the last few months. Now i want to use the WebApp Builder to builed and publish maps for our organization and to share it with the public. I read alot about the new WebApp Builder and also saw a live demonstration during a ESRI User Conference held in germany. It looked so simple.....

The problem we have - where do we find the WebApp Builder platform - the site where you can create your applications and which settings or further user-accounts (named users) must be created. We log in with ourn account (organizational account) via http://www.arcgis.com/home/.

After log in we see our log in name in the upper right corner. There we can go to "MyEsri". Within the "MyEsri" Section there is a tab called "Own Organization". If we choose this chapter we can see details about licensing etc. Within this licencing tab there is a section "WebGIS". If we choose the section "WebGIS" there is this "Named User Management" and within a table are some information to our product:

1st. row: ArcGIS for Server Workgroup Standard with Date and Available. Second row: EndDate. Third row: Available: 5 (5 What?). In the last is written "allocate". Presently there is a 0. What does this WebGis section mean? What happens if we press Generate Authorization (Authorization for whom?)

If we try to enter the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  the login name automatically changes to "user" and a tutorial page about the Web AppBuilder will open.

Is there another login required to finally use the Web AppBuilder? Also is there a link where i can see if we have permission to use the Web AppBuilder? There is alot of confusion and open question when trying to use the Web AppBuilder. Is there a correlation between this WebGIS Tab with the Named User Management and the authorization of using the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS?

I hope someone can help me and clearify the fog. I am owerwhelmed by the varity of ESRI´s websites.

Hope to get some feedback soon,

thanks in advance,

T.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
HerbertHausmann
New Contributor

Hi Jake,

we try to figure out what kind of account we are using. Is there some setting section where i can see these information (having a personal or an organization account). Within MyEsri we can see everything related to our licence. Is it necessary to add an user there with the required permissions for joining AGO with administrator rights? The user handling is a bit confusing if you do not know who did the setup of the accounts b4.

Thanks for your reply. I hope i can lift the fog a lil bit during the next days.

Best regards from germany.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

When you log onto ArcGIS.com you should see 'My Organization' (Meine Organisation in German I think) at the top next to Gruppen, Eigene Inhalte, etc.  If you do not see this, you are not using an ArcGIS.com Organization.  You will need to contact customer service to get this activated.

HerbertHausmann
New Contributor

Hi Jake,

thanks for the quick answer. I think i have to contact the customer support regarding the activation of the organization account. During the day i was able to start a map creation via AGO --> Own Content --> Add Element --> App. The problem why i was not able to see this before is, that the browser is loading around 5 minutes to open the AGO website. Also it takes the same amount of time to open the app-window plugin. I still try to figure out the reason for this behaviour. In Mozilla as well as within the IE 11 i have very very long loading times when it tries to catch information from cdn.arcgis.com and js.arcgis.com.

Thank you very much Jake,

best regards from germany

0 Kudos