How can I get annotation features to print in Webapps?

Jump to solution
03-25-2016 03:12 PM
EricMcAvoy
New Contributor III

Using webappbuilder 1.3 Developer edition, I've built an app with a webmap that contains only an anno layer (map service) and a feature layer(feature service). I cant get it to print. It says that it has failed, and the error I am getting is "Error, try again". If I turn off the Anno layer everything prints just fine. Is there a code change I can do to make the anno layer print?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YueWu1
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric,

Would you open developer tool in your browser and check the network traffic and see what kind of web traffic that you receive when you execute the print task.

For example

Screen Shot 2016-03-29 at 9.44.22 AM.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eric,

I have spent some time on this duplicating your setup (publishing a single anno layer Map Service) and adding it and a feature layer to a web map and then making that my map in WAB and then printing and I am not seeing any issues.

0 Kudos
YueWu1
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric,

Would you open developer tool in your browser and check the network traffic and see what kind of web traffic that you receive when you execute the print task.

For example

Screen Shot 2016-03-29 at 9.44.22 AM.png

EricMcAvoy
New Contributor III

Thanks! It all ended up being a firewall problem! Once the appropriate ports were opened to the Arcgis Online print service it worked like a charm! Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos