How can I extend WebAppBuilder widgets from widget source (layer list for example)

Jump to solution
03-26-2017 01:05 PM
DannyVenier
New Contributor II

I'm trying to make rich widgets, in some cases having some characteristics of some of the developer widgets listed in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition).  Using configuration is not sufficient - I'd like to use the widget source code, fork it and modify it in our own codebase.  For example, I'd like to extend LayerList to include some custom controls within each layer element of the layer tree.   Is there source code for these widgets as part of the developer license?  I see in  WGitHub - Esri/solutions-webappbuilder-widgets: Web App Builder widgets created and managed by the Es... there are some widgets with source in the Git repo.  But it is an odd set of widgets which is not consistent with the broader set in the Appbuilder for ArcGIS Developer Edition list.Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Danny,

The WAB developer edition come with all the source code for the OTB widgets and the viewer. So just go and download the developer edition.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Danny,

The WAB developer edition come with all the source code for the OTB widgets and the viewer. So just go and download the developer edition.

DannyVenier
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert.  I see the widgets folder now inside stemapp.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Danny, for other custom widgets from others, like Robert

/blogs/myAlaskaGIS/2017/03/04/web-appbuilder-the-custom-widgets-list-332017?sr=search&searchId=9f404...

it has links to some of the my other WAB blogs including the resource list.  just fyi.