Has anyone created a web map application with layers containing related data?

09-22-2016 11:16 AM
MaricelaAvalos1
New Contributor

I need help creating a web map that contains a point layer and a table. The layers have related data (1-M). Specifically, I'd like to create an application where viewers can search for specific fields in the layers and have results pop up. 

I can elaborate if needed. I've been working on this for a couple days and haven't found any "widgets" or templates that will satisfy my needs.

Thanks!

1 Reply
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

I was trying to do this and discovered that the popup will only display related data in a 1:1 relationship. If it's a 1:M relate then it will just open the attribute table with the related records or simply show summary statistics in the popup.

Configure pop-ups—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

• With a one-to-one relationship, the pop-up displays the related attributes within the pop-up window.
  • With a one-to-many relationship, choose to display the related data within the pop-up window or in a table. When displaying attributes within the pop-up, string fields show the count. For numeric fields, you can choose to display the sum, min, max, average, or count.

I ended up making a database view that would condense the 1:M relationship down to 1:1 and say "Multiple" in the popup if there were more than one related record.

0 Kudos