Group Filter Widget duplicating records when activated

Jump to solution
10-07-2021 10:20 AM
SFM_TravisBott
Occasional Contributor III

I am attempting to use the Group Filter widget in a configurable web app and it appears to multiply the records based on the number of layers in the group filter. 

I have a dataset that contains a multi-level approval workflow. The dataset in the web map that underpins the web app is replicated as four different layers, each filtered to display the records at various stages of the approval process. The point of the group filter is to be able to highlight all records in a particular county or jurisdiction, regardless of their respective stage in the process. However, when the group filter is activated it multiples the record as if it exists in all stages as once. This behavior stops when the filter is turned off or reset. 

See image below. This data is currently incomplete, and displays as such (yellow, report forthcoming). But the Info Summary displays counts for the whole state, hence the group filter....

Groupfilter1.PNG

When the filter is activated, it cuts down the appropriate category, but then erroneously replicates it into all other categories. 

Groupfilter2.PNG

It would seem that the group filter is perfectly designed for what I want it to do....it just does too much besides. Here is a link to another question somebody asked over a year ago and got no responses to.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@SFM_TravisBott  Thank you for your feedback!

0 Kudos