Good LTE coverage, app won't load...

Jump to solution
04-07-2015 09:38 AM
williamcarr
Occasional Contributor II

Greetings,

I'm taking my first stab at the web app builder and I'm pretty impressed. An issue arouse, however, when I tested the app on a tablet and was unable to load the app. It wasn't a signal issue, I was able to run the pretty much same JS app in the same area. It seems it only works on wifi. I take it I am missing something here?

Also, the only layers that seemed to load were tables that were unable to open and a composite locator service that worked fine(and was the only layer I was actually prompted for a password.)

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

William,

Also you might want to test out your WAB set up on a map with fewer layers just to make sure that  your setup is right and not having other issues. You can then build up to that other map. Just so you know I have a WAB application that has almost 200 layers on it but are scale dependent and all are turned off by default except for about 10 when the map loads. I dont have layers with joins or relates...yet. My map is still very fast and responsive.

-Stan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
StanMcShinsky

William,

This sounds like it could be a deployment issue. Are you making your application available outside your organization network? Maybe your services are not available outside your network. If it works on wifi then I assume your wifi is on the same network as your desktop. If it is supposed to be available to the public can you share a link to your site or map services?

-Stan

0 Kudos
williamcarr

Stan, I ran into the exact situation you are describing 2 years ago. It turned out to be a .loc .com issue with the service urls, and it was the first thing I checked for.

After further fiddling, I am begging to think it might be a timeout issue or something. I forgot to mention that the service is 40 + layers(no scale range) with 2 joins and 6 relates. I haven't had a chance to read up on WAB docs yet to verify but I will do some further investigation later on today.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky

William,

Also you might want to test out your WAB set up on a map with fewer layers just to make sure that  your setup is right and not having other issues. You can then build up to that other map. Just so you know I have a WAB application that has almost 200 layers on it but are scale dependent and all are turned off by default except for about 10 when the map loads. I dont have layers with joins or relates...yet. My map is still very fast and responsive.

-Stan

0 Kudos
williamcarr

Stan,

I'm not sure where I went wrong, but I published some new services that worked then went back and republished my main service and it worked. Good chance I was on the wrong map layers, but unfortunately I went delete happy before I could go back and compare the services.

Thanks