Filter Widget WAB for Enterprise 10.9.1 Not Honoring Timezone

11-22-2022 08:31 AM
Labels (1)
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

I publish one layer and use the layer in several applications, dashboards/webapps.  I have an issue where I am trying to filter events within a web application using the Filter widgets where the filter needs to be within a date range.  Using SQL Management Studio, I am able to query a certain date range and retrieve results, 47 for discussion.  Using the dashboard, if I select the date, I retrieve the same number of results, 47.  If I use the filter widget in a separate application, get back 49 results, with some of the results trickling into the next day.  I've tried publishing with offsets to the time, but that just messes up the actual incident time, giving bad data.

It appears this issue was solved in ArcGIS Online BUG-000123859 "In Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, the Group Filter widget filters off of UTC time and not local timezones." but I can't seem to find a workaround in WAB on Enterprise.

Any information regarding this issue is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

@AlixVezina no problem.  If you find out where I can manually edit it too that would help in the mean time while the fix gets implemented (If it is possible).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@WalidAlmasri1 The fix dealt with what you experienced currently in WAB 2.26, while we have not yet come across anything like what you observed before. Could you please provide a reproducible app or data so we can see the behavior as well? Also btw - which timezone is your app in?

0 Kudos
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

@TonghuiMing here is some information regarding the data.  The data originates in UTC in separate tables.  The data is then converted to PST on the back end to another table that allows me to bring it into ArcGIS Pro for mapping.  I then enable time on the layer, publish with the time settings below to Enterprise 10.9.1

WalidAlmasri1_0-1670259452162.png

This layer is published to a dashboard and several other Web Appbuilder applications.

• When I query the data in SQL, I return 48 records (FieldName between '2022-10-31 00:00:00' and '2022-11-02 23:59:59')
  • When I use the Date Range Selector in our Dashboard, where the between date is between 11/1/2022 and 11/1/2022, I return  48 records.
  • When I open our Web App built within Enterprise 10.9.1 and use the filter widget it selects only data between 11/1 and 11/1 beginning at what appears to be 8:00am, so everything from 12:00am to 8:00am is missing.  It then proceeds to select data from 11/2 up to 6:32am (next record is at 7:38am and is not included.  Returns 51 records.
  • WAB 2.26 I create an empty web app using just the Web Map (for dashboard) for the Application and this time it also returns 51 records, but this time the dates are from 10/31 beginning at 11:09pm (next previous record is 11:14pm and is not included) to 11/1 up to 10:00pm with the next record not included at 11:40pm.

But, just to recap.  SSMS gives me the correct number of records, the dashboard gives me the correct number of records, WAB 2.26 and our Portal give a different result.

0 Kudos
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

I'd like to add here that experience builder has this correct.

0 Kudos