Filter widget in mobile apps

10-10-2018 10:57 AM
JeffGarcia2
New Contributor III

So I'm working with an AGOL and WAB and building out application. I want the filter widget to be present in my mobile  web app. Can someone point me in right direction in regards to having the filter widget accessible in the web map via mobile devices. Documentation links or insights.

Tags (2)
8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

AGOL WAB apps are responsive apps that will work on desktop or mobile. So if you add the filter widget to your WAB app it will also be available in your WAB app when viewed on a mobile device.

0 Kudos
JeffGarcia2
New Contributor III

Understood, but on my mobile device I don't see the WAB app that is reading off of the original web map created. On the Explorer app all i see is all the web map's created and not the ones created using WAB. So that's were I'm stumped. I got the filter to work in WAB app. So a couple of questions, Is that expected or should i see the WAB apps in explorer app. How do a get that WAB app accessible. I know I'm probably missing steps here.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

I believe Explorer only shows the maps. If you need to look at the apps and can't do so in a web browser, have you tried ArcGIS Companion? It's another mobile app that allows you to easily view the configured web apps on your device. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
JeffGarcia2
New Contributor III

Just download it and clicking through it seems to be a fit to view all the WAB's we've built. Although another app to use and just got field guys comfortable using explorer app. Is there a way to get the filter button applied on the web map itself by modifying it somehow. I was wanting to add the functionality to an existing web map

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

In your orgs content you will see your WAB apps listed and there is a button on the right hand side that says "View Application" that button will take you to the url that you need to use on your devices (desktop or mobile). I am not familiar with the explorer app so I can't say much about that.

JeffGarcia2
New Contributor III

Yeah that works and i can get to it fairly easily but i have my field guys all using the explorer app so trying to get them to do something different...well whole another task

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

So, looking through Explorer, it doesn't seem that you can access the same functionality that you can in the browser version of the web map in the Table of Contents. Unfortunately it looks like the only option is to turn layers on or off.

If you don't need the filter to be dynamic, you could set it up ahead of time in the Web Map in your browser and save the map so the filter automatically applies when the map is opened. However, this isn't very useful if you need the field guys to be able to set the filter themselves based on the project/situation. 

Sorry I couldn't be more help   Good luck! Hopefully someone else on here will have a better suggestion. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Ever find a solution for this, Jeff? I need similar functionality in a workflow of ours; different teams using Explorer/Collector who want to filter down their points for their assigned areas.

-Aaron

-Aaron
0 Kudos