Export SHP or KML Feature Action from Web AppBuilder Query

06-17-2019 11:05 AM
deleted-user-H23pxZFaj1tR
New Contributor III

Has anyone added an export option to the Query widget using a Feature Action, in the menu where CSV and GeoJSON options are?  Would this be easier to do in Robert Scheitlin, GISP‌'s Enhanced Seach?

7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

David,

The creation of a Shapefile or KML is not really something that can be done on the client side and would require a GP service or something on the Server. So as far as I know no one has done this.

0 Kudos
JeremyWolff
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

Is there a way to have fewer feature actions in the query result window? eg. removing statistics or zoom to? The reason for that is that they appear twice in my app..

Regards,

Jeremy

#webappbuilder #esri

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeremy,

I have not seen this issue before. Is this something that you reproduce in the latest WAB when creating a new clean app without custom widgets?

0 Kudos
JeremyWolff
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

With a new clean app there is no issue. However, with my app which has you esearch custom widget I do encounter this issue with the query tool (not with your widget). I am not sure where to look. There is probably a file somewhere which controls which feature actions (statistics, zoom to..) are available in the result window? Do you have any idea where I might look?

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeremy,

There was a version of the eSearch that fixed this I can't remember exactly which version that was but it sounds like that is your issue you are using an older eSearch.

0 Kudos
JeremyWolff
New Contributor II

Hi Robert, 

The issue is not with the esearch widget but with the basic query widget.

There is probably a file somewhere which controls which feature actions (statistics, zoom to..) are available in the result window? Do you have any idea where I might look? 

Regards,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeremy,

No it is actually the eSearch that is the issue in this case as it is adding a custom statistics and zoom to action to the feature action menu. In my latter releases it will only add those when the menu when it is the eSearch widget that is opening the menu.

0 Kudos