eSearch widget - remove field name/alias in result

02-08-2019 09:04 AM
MarkCooper5
Occasional Contributor II

Hi

I am using the esearch widget for address searches as i want the results to appear in the sidebar rather than the way they do with the normal search widget.

When the results of the search are shown, it displays the alias and then the result. As the address is long, I would rather not have a field name. Is there a way this can be hidden?

Also, my address appears on one line but does have non-printing characters to separate the address onto different lines (this is the way it is stored in the original oracle database, which I cannot control). Is there a way that these line breaks can be honored to make the address more readable?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

Hiding the field name is not an option currently. Having the text wrap is a configurable option in the widgets settings. Click on the "Result Formatting" link and then check the "Wrap Result Text"

0 Kudos
MarkCooper5

Thanks Robert

I have changed the setting for wrapping and it is a little better now, although it still doesn't appear to read the line break code between the address lines as an attribute table does.

I have looked at the widget.js code to see if I could remove the field name in there. I think I have found the code to show the result:

if(vColorHex){
attribValue = "<font color='" + vColorHex + "'>" + attribValue + "</font>";
}
this.resultFormatString = attribName + ": " + attribValue + '<br>';
}else{
this.resultFormatString = '<font><em>[attribname]</em></font>: <font>[attribvalue]</font><br>';
}

I thought if I removed bits in bold, it would have the desired result, but it came up saying search failed. I presume I am missing something somewhere!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

No that would not work as you have seen. Are you trying to remove the attribute name from just the widget results list or are you wanting it removed from the popup as well?

0 Kudos
MarkCooper5

We have disabled the popup in the GUI settings so it was just the widget results I was trying to remove it from widget results

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

In the List.js just comment out this line then:

domConstruct.place(attTitle, label);

In my latest widget version it is line 156.

0 Kudos