Enterprise Login with Web AppBuilder Developer

Jump to solution
08-08-2019 06:06 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to authenticate a local custom Web AppBuilder application with our organization's enterprise login so I can keep a webmap privately shared to a group and kind of use that as the authentication to using part of the application. 

I followed the advice here: 

Web-tier authentication—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

With no luck so far (I could be doing something wrong).  Is it because our agency's enterprise login is through ADFS?

Any thoughts would be great.  I asked Jake Skinner, he thought tagging in Robert Scheitlin, GISP and Kelly Hutchins - that you guys might have some ideas.

Do I have to build a custom login component to utilize our Enterprise Logins?

Any help would be great!! Thanks!

13 Replies
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

I cant say for sure, since I left my previous org where I had this working. But I think these were the steps

1. Create a new WAB app using WAB Dev

2. Create a new website on my IIS and get DNS configured - website should have a URL like https://mywebsite.com/appname

3. Deploy WAB app to the new website

4. Add a web application item in your Portal/AGOL with the URL of your locally deployed app. This item will function as a placeholder for your locally deployed app

5. Go into the just registered app's settings and click Register at the bottom to generate an AppId

7. Copy the appId into your locally deployed app's config.json in the appId property

6. Set the redirect URI(s) to your app. In my case it was https://mywebsite.com/appname

The redirect URLs should not be your federated or standalone GIS Server, if that's what you're trying. 

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @tigerwoulds but no luck. ESRI tech support are on this now and I'll update here when I have an answer.

0 Kudos
Den-GIS
Occasional Contributor

Hi ahargreaves_FW

I have the same problem. It would be great if you could post ersi's answer

0 Kudos
DanielRoot
New Contributor

Seth and Jessie, thank you both!  This works, reminder to leave "isWebTier": false, plug your APPID into json.config and set your Redirect in the AGOL WebApp to the exact location where your App is hosted.  Works perfect!