Editing Permissions Not Working in Web AppBuilder?

Jump to solution
12-09-2015 11:37 AM
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

I have a (point) hosted feature layer in ArcGIS.com.  The editing permissions are checked clearly to "Add Features Only".  When I add this feature layer to a Web AppBuilder app (non-developer edition), with the editor widget enabled, I can click on an existing point and easily delete it.  Am I missing something here?

If I go back to the controlling ArcGIS.com web map I used to create the Web App, it correctly honors the "Add Features Only" designation on my point layer.

Can anyone else duplicate this behavior?

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Dan,

Seems a regression issue. We are looking into it. Thanks for letting us know.

Jianxia

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Dan,

Seems a regression issue. We are looking into it. Thanks for letting us know.

Jianxia

DanAllen

Okay thank you for looking into it.  If there is a fix or work around, please let me know.

Dan

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Dan,

Just want to confirm if you are the owner of the hosted feature service or the administrator of the org? If so, you can delete the features regardless the "Add Features Only". However other users or publishers in the org cannot. This is by design. In addition, when the app is shared to everyone, the feature cannot be deleted either. Could you help check?

Thanks,

Jianxia

0 Kudos
DanAllen

Hi Jianxia,

I am the owner of the feature service and the administrator of the organization.  When I log in to the WAB app using my admin login, I can delete features with the editor tool even though the feature layer is set to "add features only".  If I log in to the same WAB app using another log-in from our organization that only has "user" rights, it does appear that I can not delete any features using the editor widget.

So this seems to reflect correctly and validate what you were asking me to test.  I am not sure I like this default of the admin being able to delete features in a layer you set to update or add only.  But I guess as long as anyone else using it can't delete the points then I should be find.

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Dan,

You have a good point. I am going to log in an enhancement and see how we can inform the owner or admin better about this default behavior.

Jianxia

DanAllen

Thank you.  I will be using this particular WAB app to do some data Qa\QC so it would be nice to not worry about accidentally deleting a point when I am logged in as admin.  Not a big deal though as long as the subordinate users of the app can't delete points.

0 Kudos