Edit Widget maybe broken in new Web Apps?

Jump to solution
07-12-2015 10:19 PM
NatalieScott1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this issue. I have a web app (created in Web App Builder) that has a number of layers, of which some are editable. The workflow is that the user turns on the editable layer(s), opens the edit widget, and can edit (create/delete/update attributes) the lines in the map. This workflow broke last Friday and I'm at a loss to work out why.

What happens now is that it seems that if I make any changes to the TOC and adjust the map zoom, the edit widget and the popups don't work anymore. If I turn on an editable layer and go into the edit widget,  I simply see 'Feature creation disabled for all layers'. When I click on a line, there is no response (there should be popups on all layers).

In the webmap the popups and edit work as normal. Additionally, in the Web App it will usually work well until I adjust the zoom scale. These Web Maps and Apps were published in the prior version of ArcGIS WebApp Builder (ie before Friday's update) but have been edited in Web App Builder since Friday's update, which is what makes me suspect the update might have made some changes.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NatalieScott1
New Contributor III

Ok, so if anyone else is having the same problem...

It looks like this is only a problem in the Tab Theme. I talked to the folks at Esri and changing the theme to an alternative option seemed to fix things. I know that they are working on a fix for the Tab Theme but in the mean time I'll just use something else.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Natalie,

I have not run into this one yet but it definitely sounds like a bug that need to be reported to tech support.

0 Kudos
NatalieScott1
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert. I'll log it, but if anyone has any fixes or any hints as to ways round the problem, I'd love to hear them. It's currently causing lots of problems for lots of applications.

Cheers

0 Kudos
NatalieScott1
New Contributor III

Ok, so if anyone else is having the same problem...

It looks like this is only a problem in the Tab Theme. I talked to the folks at Esri and changing the theme to an alternative option seemed to fix things. I know that they are working on a fix for the Tab Theme but in the mean time I'll just use something else.