Edit Related Table Directly in Web App Builder ??

11-15-2019 10:12 AM
JarrettLivesey1
New Contributor II

Hello all !! 

My Organization has a Web App Editor set up for our Police department to edit Traffic data.  The data-set has a related table attached to it.  I am wondering if it is possible to click a point on the map, using Smart Editor, and have only the Related table come up to be edited  (see pic below) ?? The idea is to simplify the process so the Officers don't have to spend the time to find the place where they would enter the new Related table entry.

Thanks for your help.

Jarrett

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

There is one more capability in Smart Editor that may be useful though. It's not exactly the workflow you require, but it could be considered:

If the related features you are creating are intersecting (directly on top or within a distance) with the source feature, you could setup an Intersection attribute action that would grab the key identifier so the features will be automatically related without having to manually enter that key?

In this case, new related features can be created using the main template picker like shown in my example below. If there are multiple features intersected, you can enable the Value Picker option so the user can select which feature to related with (by selecting the key value). 

RelatedFeature_SE.gif

0 Kudos
KumuduDesilva
New Contributor

Hi,

Why is it not allowed to turn off relate table update only function on smart editor?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KumuduDesilva , I am not sure I understand your question. Please would you be able to explain in more detail and perhaps illustrate what you are trying to do? Thank you!

0 Kudos
KumuduDesilva
New Contributor

I was able to resolve the issue. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos