Dual map Slider Widget

12-18-2015 06:59 AM
KennethBusby
Occasional Contributor

I need to use two maps for most of my slider maps, Simply removing one layer will not suffice.

Can we get this functionality added in Web App Builder?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Kenneth,

Sorry I misunderstood what you were trying to accomplish. Effectively, you are looking for swipe to 'hide' one layer and at the same time 'show' the other.  This is not feasible out of the box. 

MichaelRobb

The above StoryMap link is not set to 'everyone' aka Public.

0 Kudos
KennethBusby
Occasional Contributor

I had it set to public. Maybe our internal page settings. I will check.

0 Kudos
KennethBusby
Occasional Contributor

it is an issue with our set up. I thought if I shared it public you could get to it but I guess that is not the case.

but you get the idea of what i was saying with the need for two maps.

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb

If you are using a StoryMap, the Story Application as well as the Web Apps and Web Maps used in the Story map must all be 'Everyone' shared.

I understand what you are looking for now though it still does not require two web maps (sliding two entire web maps would also solve it, but with greater complexity). It just requires customizing the Slide widget to be able to show and hide two selected layers (composite layers or otherwise).

KennethBusby
Occasional Contributor

I was able to use two maps with the online configure tool but the widget in WAB does not offer that same set up.

I am unware of how to modify the slider that way I will have to look into that. If you know of anyone that has done this i would love to see what they did to make it work.

thanks,

Ken

0 Kudos