Dual map Slider Widget

12-18-2015 06:59 AM
KennethBusby
Occasional Contributor

I need to use two maps for most of my slider maps, Simply removing one layer will not suffice.

Can we get this functionality added in Web App Builder?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kenneth,

WAB has a swipe widget. http://gislap183:3344/webappbuilder/help/index.html#//03w30000005z000000

There is also the custom widgets enhanced basemap gallery widget:

Enhanced Basemap Gallery Widget 1.3 - 12/14/2015

KennethBusby
Occasional Contributor

Yes but it doesnt have the swipe map for two maps. it has to be one map that you slide the layer. I am looking for the two maps so you slide the entire map back and forth between two maps.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kenneth,

Nothing like that exists then. And as a developer I can not see the dev team adding something like this just because of the amount of re-coding of the whole app structure that would have to happen for this.

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Kenneth

what would be the business case to require a swipe of two maps?  If the swipe tool is able to swipe layers? 

0 Kudos
KennethBusby
Occasional Contributor

well I have firestations with their 1.5 mile response areas currently with 26. we are looking at moving some stations and adding some so the firestation layer and response area layers are all different and when you just swipe one away it does not work I need to be able to swipe the two different maps of those two in order to show the change.

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III

I  still dont see the reason for two 'maps'.  If I understand this correctly, you are just talking about two groups of layers.

Group them - Now and Proposed and publish as such.

In the Now group you have your now fire station layers (plural)

In the Proposed Group you have your new fire station layers (plural)

The Swipe tool will work with each group as the swipe tool looks at the base level of each item in the TOC (LayerList)

KennethBusby
Occasional Contributor

When i Put two layers they are over one another both are displayed then when swiped only the one is removed. I need to have a complete swipe where one layer is swiped in and the other swiped out both ways.

https://dekalbgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/StorytellingSwipe/?appid=ebd3f5ba11d24444b83aae75ff5bf239

Take a look and see how I have the map layers and how they are completely removed on either side of the swipe line so you can see the changes to all the stations and areas without them bleeding over the others making it hard to see the changes for the stations that were relocated.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Kenneth,

It asks me to sign in when I go to the link you provided.

0 Kudos
KennethBusby
Occasional Contributor

It should be public I will look again when I get to the office.

0 Kudos