Domain Values in GP Widget

10-02-2015 11:52 AM
ToddHenry1
Occasional Contributor

I built a simple GP tool that I published to ArcGIS server that lets the user draw a polygon and it does a spatial join to find points within it.   The points is a feature class in our SDE database with some coded value domains.  That last step is table to table to convert to data table.  I set the fields environment to transfer field name descriptions.

When I run the tool through Web App Builder as a GP Widget, I'm getting the coded values in my output instead of the descriptions.

Thanks for any help.

Tags (1)
6 Replies
ColeAndrews
Occasional Contributor III

Is the end result writing a dbf to a user specified file location? If so, what about table to excel and choosing "use domain and subtype description"?

0 Kudos
ToddHenry1
Occasional Contributor

The final output in the model is an in memory geodatabase table.   The widget is set to add as an operational layer and then we export the attribute table to a CSV.

In ArcMap, there is no issue in seeing the domain descriptions just in ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
ColeAndrews

What version are you running? Here's a bug that is part of the "issues addressed in 10.3.1".

Web AppBuilder Bug:

"Coded value domain descriptions do not persist in the Web AppBuilder."

0 Kudos
ColeAndrews

Additionally, this bug:

"The coded value domain descriptions display the coded value in the Web AppBuilder attribute table rather than the description."

0 Kudos
ToddHenry1
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I'm using 10.3.1 for ArcMap and Server for ArcGIS.

I called support on this issue as well.  They have a copy of the model for testing.  They probably will associate those two bugs with my case.

0 Kudos
erinheinrich
New Contributor III

Hi Todd/Cole,

Any update on these bugs?

I am still getting them in my WebApp and I have ArcMap and Portal 10.3.1 - I created the App through Portal.

My attribute table shows domain codes rather than description for two fields ('type';'rfs or f&r'), but then shows description for one field ('status' - note, this feature is used to symbolise features).

In addition, when I export table to CSV, the desciptions are there for 'type' and 'rfs or f&r' field, but the 'status' field is totally blank:

Thanks,

Erin

0 Kudos