District Lookup widget + Related Tables

03-04-2016 08:27 AM
JessicaGormont
New Contributor II

This is probably a dumb question, but when they say "Point Layer related to Polygon Layer" here, do they mean you should do a Relate on the tables for the source layers? Or is there some other relationship I'm missing here?

3-4-2016 11-21-51 AM.jpg

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jessica,

If you loaded your data into the Local Government Information Model, there is already a relationship class between the Polling Places and Voting Precincts feature classes.

JessicaGormont
New Contributor II

I thought there would be, but when I try to load them into the widget if doesn't let me pick the Polling Places as the related point layer.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Did you publish the data to ArcGIS Online as a hosted feature service, or to ArcGIS Server?

0 Kudos
JessicaGormont
New Contributor II

I think I may have figured it out. Our PrecinctPollingPlace table is empty! That's the table that links the two layers together, right?

Now...how do I add data to this table...hmm....

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

I believe you are using an old Local Government Information model.  This table does not exist in the latest one:

Local Government Information Model | ArcGIS for Local Government

Here is a look at the data dictionary, and you can see that this table is not there:

http://solutions.arcgis.com/local-government/help/local-government-information-model/get-started/Dat...

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Jake:

Is there any documentation that would help endusers to know that they do not have the most current version of the LGIM?  I could see this being a problem if this model is constantly being updated as the model covers so many different datasets.

JakeSkinner

There is actually a utility you can use to migrate your LGIM to the latest version:

Upgrade information model - Local Government Information Model | ArcGIS for Local Government

JessicaGormont
New Contributor II

Ah! That may be the problem then! I will discuss upgrading with my boss. Thanks!

0 Kudos