Dashboard Widget in WebApp Builder

07-21-2017 06:44 AM
ToddHayes
New Contributor II

During the ESRI UC at the WebApp Builder Island, staff showed off a new Dashboard Widget. When will that be available to use?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The Dashboard theme is now available.

Dashboard—All the widgets in the panel open simultaneously when the app starts. It is designed to visualize widgets and their communication directly. You can modify the predefined layout by adding or removing grids, or resizing the grids in the panel. By default, most on-screen widgets are turned off except the Home, Zoom Slider, and Full Screen widgets. Optionally, you can turn on the Header widget to display the logo, the app name, and links.

MollyWatson1
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to either import the Operations Dashboard widgets (gauge, indicator, etc.) into Web App Builder or vise versa.. import a map (with it's widgets) made in web app builder into the Operations Dashboard app? The incident analysis app. that is available in the web app. builder is not available in Operations Dashboard. Using the incident analysis app. is the only way I can figure out how to select by location to get number of features within an incident area on the fly. 

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Molly,

> Is there a way to either import the Operations Dashboard widgets (gauge, indicator, etc.) into Web App Builder or vise versa.. import a map (with it's widgets) made in web app builder into the Operations Dashboard app?

The data visualization elements from Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS cannot be "imported" into a Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS app, because they were not designed as widgets. However, you could technically "add" a Web AppBuilder app into Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS - although the process is a workaround and not an official workflow.

> ... is the only way I can figure out how to select by location to get number of features within an incident area on the fly

Have you looked at the action functionality in Operations Dashboard? You could select a feature in the map element, then have other elements filter their data content based on the selection.

Actions—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
LuciColeman1
Esri Contributor

Hey Derek - do you have any examples the workaround whereby a Web AppBuilder app is "added" into Operations Dashboard? 

0 Kudos
MollyWatson
New Contributor III

Or to the action functionality example of selecting a feature in the map element, then have other elements filter their data content based on the selection. I've looked through GeoNet and the ESRI help pages and can't find anything like this. I have a ticket in with ESRI technical support and they are stumped too.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Molly,

Apologies for the late reply, I was working at a conference last week.

> ... the action functionality example of selecting a feature in the map element, then have other elements filter their data content based on the selection.

This can be done using the following workflow:

1. Go the to configuration dialog of the Map element > Layer Actions

2. Select the layer in the web map that you want to apply the action from (i.e., the layer where you will enable the feature selection) and select Filter from the Add Action dropdown list

3. Then select the dashboard element you want to apply the filter to, from the Add Target dropdown menu.

4. Then click Done.

When you select a feature from the layer, it should apply a filter on the assigned dashboard element.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Luci,

Apologies for the late reply, I was working at a conference last week.

> ... do you have any examples the workaround whereby a Web AppBuilder app is "added" into Operations Dashboard? 

Have you looked at the new Embedded Content element? You can use this to "add" a Web AppBuilder app into an Ops Dashboard app.

Embedded content—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Hope this helps,

DerekLaw

Hi Todd,

Just to add onto Ken's post:

- the Dashboard theme was added to Web AppBuilder embedded in ArcGIS Online in the June 2017 update;

- the Dashboard theme was added to Web AppBuilder Developer Edition v2.5, released on July 19th.

It is not currently available in Web AppBuilder embedded in Portal for ArcGIS yet. It will be added in a future ArcGIS Enterprise release. But you can use Web AppBuilder Developer Edition v2.5 with your Portal instance.

Hope this helps,

JOSHVICKREY1
New Contributor II

Is the Dashboard Theme in WAB capable of exporting to csv, etc?  I’m using Portal 10.6.1 and it does not look like the Operations Dashboard offers any type of exporting yet so I’m curious if I need to rebuild my dashboard in WAB dashboard theme to get the best of both worlds