Select to view content in your preferred language

Crowdsource Manager Report could not be submitted.

01-19-2023 11:41 AM
Labels (1)
LaurenCammack01
Occasional Contributor

I have a permit management application that is run through the crowdsource manager web appbuilder. They would like the past year's worth of submissions filtered out but leave ones with an approved status. I have placed a definition query on the service to accomplish this filter; however, now in crowdsource manager I am unable to make edits on that status field. I am able to make edits on other fields in the same layer.

LaurenCammack01_0-1674157046590.png

I am able to change the status in the feature layers item description area where the table is viewable.

LaurenCammack01_1-1674157080262.png

The goal is that when permits from last year are changed to a status of 'Completed' they will disappear from the viewable dataset in Online.

Is it a known limitation that whatever field you have a definition query on will not be editable in crowdsource manager?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Lauren,

Few questions, are you seeing this issue after setting the definition query? Where did you set the definition query, I mean whether in desktop or online (Pro or map viewer)? Also is your app publicly shared? if yes, could you please share the app?

Thanks

Aziza

0 Kudos
LaurenCammack01
Occasional Contributor

Yes, only after setting the definition query. I applied the definition query in ArcGIS Pro 3.0. It is not shared publicly.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Thanks, we will take a look and let you know when I have an update.

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Lauren,

I tried to reproduce the issue but couldn't, when definition query is set in the layer, it is working as expected. There could be something else causing the issue and it is hard for me to tell without seeing your data. Could you please reach out to Esri Support and log a bug? They will be able to help you create reproducible steps and we will take a look. You can give analyst my name so he/she can contact me directly.

In the meantime, could you try publishing another service and set the filters in map viewer instead and see if that works?

Thanks

Aziza

0 Kudos
LaurenCammack01
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for attempting. I have created a sample dataset as we have tried recreating it and publishing with different versions of Pro without any success. Below are the sample items. 

Feature layer: https://map.westfargond.gov/arcgis/rest/services/CommercialCivilSitePermitting/FeatureServer 

App: https://westfargo.maps.arcgis.com/apps/CrowdsourceManager/index.html?appid=d61e2fb00e7544f7b01754c1c...  

Thank you!

0 Kudos
LaurenCammack01
Occasional Contributor

It should also be noted that we have removed the definition query from this as we are just trying to be able to edit it again at this point.

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

so after removal it is still not working, right? Please reach out to Support for help, they will be able to access your data securely and can get to the root cause of this issue.

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

This is so helpful. Thanks so much. Our dev team is looking into it. I will update you when I hear from them.

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Lauren, 

Our dev team looked into the issue and found out applyedit opertation is failing in the service at the rest API and we are seeing the issue in Manager. Here is the error message we are seeing. Unfortunately our team can't do much, please log a bug with the technical support, they will know where to send this issue to.

AzizaParveen1_1-1674491865095.png

0 Kudos