Coordinate widget bug?

Jump to solution
02-09-2016 09:22 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone else notice in WAB 1.3 if you add another coordinate system, it stops displaying live coordinates that change on the fly as the cursor moves? Is it supposed to do that? It works when I do the 'enable clicking on map' but doesn't display them as the mouse moves. If that was a design decision I would rather they bring back the live display of coordinates for all systems in a future update.

Example below. I choose WKID 2239 it just shrinks down to this.

edit: I noticed it does it in 1.2 also. I guess it's just a future idea for WAB. It's not that important. I only noticed it when I went to 1.3 and thought maybe it was a bug but I guess it is just a design decision.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I think that is "as designed" is not Web Mercator Aux.....annoying to me, but AGOL is the same way I believe.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I think that is "as designed" is not Web Mercator Aux.....annoying to me, but AGOL is the same way I believe.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rebecca is spot on and here is the reasoning. When working with WebMercator or WGS 1984 the JS API has the ability to convert those two WKIDS back and forth on the client. Any other WKID will take a round trip to the Geometry service for a re-projection as the JS API does not have the FULL WKID library and conversion algorithms baked in to the API (as this would be sort of costly as far as size).

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

And to get around this, we used to have a hard coded program to keep it live....but I haven't tried that with the WAB tools yet.....and not sure how easy it will be.  With IMS/Flex and other older apps, it was fast enough (a 1/2 second or so lag), but don't know if that will be a solution or not.