Coordinate Conversion Widget datum

Jump to solution
06-15-2021 09:05 AM
ElbaMolina
Esri Contributor

Hi everyone!

Somebody ask me about coordinate conversion widget and its datum. Does anyone knows which datum uses the coordinate conversion widget?

I guess that is WGS 1984, because ArcGIS Online uses web mercator, this is by default. It can be changed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinGonzago
Esri Contributor

@ElbaMolina Yes by default it's WGS84. But the widget has been enhanced a couple of releases ago to parse coordinates in various projections. The widget reads the projection of the basemap and parses coordinates accordingly.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KevinGonzago
Esri Contributor

@ElbaMolina Yes by default it's WGS84. But the widget has been enhanced a couple of releases ago to parse coordinates in various projections. The widget reads the projection of the basemap and parses coordinates accordingly.  

RoseZhou2
Occasional Contributor

Hi @KevinGonzago ,

In ExB Developer Edition 1.10 or 1.11, the  Coordinate widget displays wrong coordinates when the basemap projection is not Web Mercator projection and the output coordinate system is GCS_WGS_1984 (wkid: 4326).

For example, if the basemap is in NAD83 / Canada Atlas Lambert, the Coordinate widget displays big decimal degree numbers like this:

278,988.84449 -481,429.73849 Degrees

Is this a bug?

FYI, here is the basemap I used:

https://maps-cartes.services.geo.ca/server2_serveur2/rest/services/BaseMaps/CBMT_TXT_3978/MapServer

Thanks

Rose

0 Kudos