Select to view content in your preferred language

Conceptual Question for Methlabs Data

05-10-2016 01:25 PM
BrianO_keefe
Regular Contributor II

I have a web map I am building to display Methlab data.

I live in Oklahoma so the dots are... prolific? (dear lord... they're everywhere!)

Step 1

So I created an MXD with TWO Query layers (because we have to pull our data from an Oracle table that is being created from other, multiple Oracle tables... basically multiple systems create this data).

Query Layer 1 : Current Year Methlabs

Query Layer 2 : ALL Methlabs

Step 2

Publish the MXD. Create the REST Service.

Step 3

Create the AGOL webmap.

Current Year Methlabs Rest Service is a regular layer on the map.

ALL Methlabs Rest Service is ON the map, but hidden from Legend and turned off.

Step 4

Create the WAB Map. I am using the eSearch widget by Robert Scheitlin, GISP​, to query

My hope here is that I would like to display an initial set of data, ergo the Current Year Methlabs, when the user opens the map. But then, they will probably want to search around and find Methlabs all over through multiple searches.

Attempt #1: AGOL had 1 layer. Current year. eSearch searched the ALL Methlabs REST Service.

Problem: The Popups I created in AGOL wouldn't transfer to the ALL Methlabs, as they were made for the Current Year layer which was ACTUALLY ON the AGOL map... not the ALL Methlabs.

Attempt #2: AGOL has 2 layers. Current year / All Methlabs. Fashion the popups in AGOL for both layers. Hide the ALL Methlabs layer from Legend.

Problem: eSearch popups still rule the day. I need the AGOL created pop-ups, not the eSearch. Ugh!!!!

I'm at a loss as to how to move forward. I wish there was a way to TURN OFF A LAYER as a Search was activated. That would solve my problems. Or someway to set the initial view to display a layer that would be removed at the first sign of search activity. Ugh.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnjoletteSpradling
New Contributor III

I did a quick test with my own data and the Query widget and this seems to work: 1) use your ALL layer in the web map and add a filter for the current year, 2) in WAB, set up the widget to allow users to change the year. I assume this should work for any widget.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

I am looking into why the eSearch is not using the web maps popup for the layer. I thought I had this worked out in eSearch 2.0.1.1...

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe
Regular Contributor II

At first I thought it was because of cache. But I've cleared it excessively... still happens.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

Version 2.0.1.2 is now available that uses the web maps infoTemplate for the layer.

0 Kudos